Weigh to Go is a 12 week programme of:
• One to one sessions with a Health Trainer
• Group sessions led by Health Trainers, Physical Activity coaches and Joy of Food Trainers, where you can get support from others and learn new skills
• Physical activity sessions – either a Fun & Fit course or a community based activity
To be eligible for the course you must be:
• 16 years old or over
• Thinking about making lifestyle changes
• prepared to attend all aspects of the Weigh to Go programme
• Living in Norfolk
• Have a Body Mass Index BMI of 25 or more (BMI is a calculation of your height and weight. A BMI of more than 25 indicates that you may be overweight. If you are unsure what your BMI is, please contact the health trainer service for advice)
The programme is fully funded by Norfolk County Council, however, there may be a small charge for the physical activity sessions depending on the type of session you attend.
Why lead a healthier lifestyle?
If you’re overweight, losing weight will bring you a range of important health benefits such as reducing the risk of Type 2 diabetes and other illnesses, lower blood pressure. Other benefits of healthier lifestyles include looking better and feeling more energetic. Your emotional health may also benefit.
How to get involved
If you think this might be for you and would like to book onto a Weigh to Go course, please call Mytime Active – the Health Trainer Service on 01603 638 064 or email [email protected] to book a one to one appointment with a Health Trainer, please mention’ Weigh to Go’ when you are making your booking. Your Health Trainer will then arrange your group sessions. Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.